LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-14-2010, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanteNa View Post
LOL. According to that statement, I'd be a weaboo for liking Miyavi's music? Even for liking Korean music? Hahahaha.. that's pretty hilarious
That's what I mean. If I was contemptuous towards such people (which I'm not)

I would call you a Weabo and know a lot of my Japanese classmates who do call such people Weabos.

While many of them are my friends.. I will admit that there is a bit of snobbery about those of us that can speak Japanese towards those of you who don't really understand much beyond a few phrases yet claim to love Japan.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
11-15-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
That's what I mean. If I was contemptuous towards such people (which I'm not)

I would call you a Weabo and know a lot of my Japanese classmates who do call such people Weabos.

While many of them are my friends.. I will admit that there is a bit of snobbery about those of us that can speak Japanese towards those of you who don't really understand much beyond a few phrases yet claim to love Japan.
LOL. I don't love Japan. But thanks for categorizing me with scary people.

If I was contemptuous towards such people (which I'm not) - I'd say people who are TRUE weaboos, are the ones taking classes to learn Japanese, because they think it'll make them look cooler, compared to people who don't speak Japanese, but who are simply enjoying the snobbery-free pleasure called music.

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

11-15-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickOShay View Post
Ronin>Despite the point you are trying to make about their being no official definition of the word, I think it could be said their is a majority understanding of what is considered to be a weeaboo. Generally an unhealthy/ridiculous/silly-immature/delusional obsession with Japan. There is a difference and I do not think it is too hard to draw the line. I mean, how hard it is it really to distinguish as sports car, or a sedan or whatever from all other cars? Or are they all just cars to you?
I can define a Sedan by it's characteristics.

You are defining Weabos via your opinion.

What is unhealthy? What is ridiculuous? What is silly-immature? What is a delusional obsession?

For cars.. Well here is the difference between a sedan, a hatchback and a station wagon for a start

(#34 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

11-15-2010, 12:07 AM

Quote:

If I was contemptuous towards such people (which I'm not) - I'd say people who are TRUE weaboos, are the ones taking classes to learn Japanese, because they think it'll make them look cooler, compared to people who don't speak Japanese, but who are simply enjoying the snobbery-free pleasure called music.
Well then you've proved my point as Weabo's to you are completely different things

You can't define what a weabo is beyond your own opinion.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 11-15-2010 at 12:10 AM.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

11-15-2010, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Well then you've proved my point as Weabo's to you are completely different things

And you can't either. Trouble is, you're determinig yourself that everyone here falls under your opinion of something that a vast amount of them aren't and won't be. In short, you're trolling. Is life that boring for you now?

Give it a rest.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

11-15-2010, 12:26 AM

Accidental double post
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

11-15-2010, 12:26 AM

Quote:
And you can't either. Trouble is, you're determinig yourself that everyone here falls under your opinion of something that a vast amount of them aren't and won't be. In short, you're trolling. Is life that boring for you now?

Give it a rest.
No sh*t that I can't.

If you actually read the thread you'd learn that my position is that a Weabo is just a slur and has no real definition.

And who's the troll? You came into this thread... read one post (either that or you have reading comprehension difficulties) and then tried to have a go at me.

I on the other hand went out of my way to say that I'm not really that offended by people like you or Nantena. But I know people who are... and to those people... you guys are the weabos.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 11-15-2010 at 12:30 AM.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

11-15-2010, 12:30 AM

Quote:
No sh*t that I can't.

If you actually read the thread you'd learn that my position is that a Weabo is just a slur and has no real definition.

And who's the troll? You came into this thread... read one post (either that or you have reading comprehension difficulties) and then tried to have a go at me.
*laughs*

I've read this entire thread and all I've seen of your contribution is 'LOL UR ALL WEEABOOS IMA WEEBOO TOO WEEBOOOS WHEEEE!" followed by your usual "deny all logic to the contrary while steering the conversation to topics you and only you are correct in, not anyone else" routine.

I'm greatly amused how someone asked if you feel butthurt for some reason long before I mistakenly enter this thread in an effort to stop the insanity.

(#39 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
11-15-2010, 12:30 AM

Quote:

I never said that ''A weaboo is''. I stated what a weaboo is IN MY OPINION. I'm not trying to define anything.. at all.

Don't put words in my mouth like that. Seems to me like you're trying to be a know-it-all here. It's rather strange..

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#40 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

11-15-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
I never said that ''A weaboo is''. I stated what a weaboo is IN MY OPINION. I'm not trying to define anything.. at all.

Don't put words in my mouth like that. Seems to me like you're trying to be a know-it-all here. It's rather strange..
It's his routine. Successful troll is successful and all that.

Closed Thread