(#191 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
03-17-2011, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter36 View Post
People have lost homes and families, I am not sure time will ever fix their suffering.
I was referring to infrastructure damage.Time + money will fix all of it.

Quote:
As for your statement; 'Japan has economic resources to solve the damage', I would cast doubt on that assertion since the country is now accepting foreign aid.

Yeah, because it's always good to take donations and welcome foreigners who are willing to help. So what? How can you even argue that? Japan is a powerful economic nation, the consequences of the earthquake would have been a million times worse if it had happened somewhere else. I agree all countries should support Japan in its recovery, but not by giving money as I can hardly think of a country in a better economic condition than Japan's in at the moment. If you want to donate money, give it to those countries who truly are in need of money; if you want to help Japan, go there help clean up the mess. Money, they got plenty.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#192 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-17-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Yeah, because it's always good to take donations and welcome foreigners who are willing to help. So what? How can you even argue that? Japan is a powerful economic nation, the consequences of the earthquake would have been a million times worse if it had happened somewhere else. I agree all countries should support Japan in its recovery, but not by giving money as I can hardly think of a country in a better economic condition than Japan's in at the moment. If you want to donate money, give it to those countries who truly are in need of money; if you want to help Japan, go there help clean up the mess. Money, they got plenty.
So because Japan is an economic power they don't deserve the money as much as a third world nation run by dictators?

I am not seeing the correlation between "economically strong government" and "people freezing in the cold without food and water". They need help now. It's that simple. Foreign aid workers are on the ground digging people out, get people fed, finding bodies and getting them taken care of. THESE people don't fly there by magic. It takes money to get them food and equipment, get them on planes get them working.

You seem to have a lot more faith in the Japanese government than the people of Japan do right now.

Everyone is suspicious of the government until they need help, and now you and Ronin are saying "No, the government is strong. They can take care of the Japanese people." Well, which is it. Is the government capable of doing it on their own or not? The last 5 days show us, clearly not. The money put into the relief effort is not going to building harbors and bridges. It is going to try to save lives, get people out of danger, recover bodies, and clear paths so the healing and building can even start to begin.
(#193 (permalink))
Old
globetrotter36 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to globetrotter36
03-17-2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post

I can hardly think of a country in a better economic condition than Japan's in at the moment.
Seems you are one of the many who never listens to the news or reads the newspapers. The country is in debt like many other places and needs money, in any case donations are going to charities who are helping distribute food and blankets - nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
if you want to help Japan, go there help clean up the mess. Money, they got plenty.
Statements like that smack of both arrogance and racism; I am not in any way trained to deal with such disasters and even if I was there are logistical considerations to which you have not given one iota of thought.

Last edited by globetrotter36 : 03-17-2011 at 11:19 PM.
(#194 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-17-2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghap View Post
Ronin I see points your trying to make

but

donations after natural disasters are not put into rebuilding infastructure...as far as I know the Red cross will not start rebuilding roads, goverment buildings and the idea that it will go to private housing is laughable.

think simple a blanket to help keep warm..maybe some clean water to drink.

By your logic if Bill gates got his legs crushed outside my house I shouldnt offer him comfort or aid because hes got lots of cash.
Dude.. actually read what I said. I have no problem helping to provide Japan what it lacks. But money isn't one of those things.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 03-17-2011 at 11:46 PM.
(#195 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

03-17-2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
What's wrong with donating to Haiti and Japan? People are people. If people need help because of something they had no control over (a major natural disaster), what's wrong with helping them regardless of the economic standpoint of said area or country? Seems weird to even be thinking about that since, to me, I'd think of the victims way before the country's economical standing. To be honest, economics would've never factored into that at all.
Please read what I said. I have no problem giving resources to Japan that they lack. But money is not one of them.
(#196 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

03-17-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitekitsune18 View Post
Listen Ronin I do see what your trying to say but cursing when someone doesn't agree with you won't solve anything. People donate to what they want there is nothing we do to change that.

Now I think of what your trying to do is honorable of you but starting a fight with other members wasn't very smart. Try to keep a cool head next time ok? Listen I do hope your words reached most people, and be more carful next time never pull the race card that only starts war.

Theres my 2 Cents
I didn't pull the race card. I'm not accusing anyone of being racist except people I know who actually are (like Sangetsu)

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 03-17-2011 at 11:31 PM.
(#197 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

03-17-2011, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
So because Japan is an economic power they don't deserve the money as much as a third world nation run by dictators?

I am not seeing the correlation between "economically strong government" and "people freezing in the cold without food and water". They need help now. It's that simple. Foreign aid workers are on the ground digging people out, get people fed, finding bodies and getting them taken care of. THESE people don't fly there by magic. It takes money to get them food and equipment, get them on planes get them working.

You seem to have a lot more faith in the Japanese government than the people of Japan do right now.

Everyone is suspicious of the government until they need help, and now you and Ronin are saying "No, the government is strong. They can take care of the Japanese people." Well, which is it. Is the government capable of doing it on their own or not? The last 5 days show us, clearly not. The money put into the relief effort is not going to building harbors and bridges. It is going to try to save lives, get people out of danger, recover bodies, and clear paths so the healing and building can even start to begin.
Again... read what I said. I have no problem giving Japan what it lacks. But money is not one of those things

They might not be capable of providing the assistance.. but they are capable of funding those that CAN.

Seriously.. I'm sick of repeating this over and over.

You and others are more concerned with twisting my position into something it isn't then trying to demonize me because your "precious Japan" is in trouble. Well guess what... Japan is precious to me too. I'm just being a little bit more rational than you folks about the situation.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 03-17-2011 at 11:47 PM.
(#198 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
03-17-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post

Rich countries, such as Japan, that have the money to PAY for aid workers from all over the world to fly over there and help in any way possible don't need donations as much as other countries which are in equal need of help and, unlike Japan, have no money to fix the damage. That's all I'm saying and it's the truth. Turn it around all you want, it's true and it's undeniable.

EDIT: LOL Gee, I just got called a racist in the previous page for saying the above. How funny.

everything is relative and contradictory ~

Last edited by Suki : 03-17-2011 at 11:23 PM.
(#199 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

03-17-2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Statements like that smack of both arrogance and racism; I am not in any way trained to deal with such disasters and even if I was there are logistical considerations to which you have not given one iota of thought.
Look who's playing the race card?

If you just stop and think... it's a very rational point being made.
(#200 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

03-17-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Seems you are one of the many who never listens to the news or reads the newspapers. The country is in debt like many other places and needs money, in any case donations are going to charities who are helping distribute food and blankets - nothing wrong with that.
Japan is in debt but it is the third largest economy in the world and a developed country.

The fact is that many countries are in debt. Debt alone doesn't cripple a country. It means Japan will probably have to go into slightly more debt (not saying 99billion is small change.. but comparitive to Japan's debt it is) to borrow to pay for this tragedy but the fact is that it has the economy to recover from this.

Like I said.. if Japan suddenly becomes the world's 4th richest country instead of the third then big deal.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 03-17-2011 at 11:48 PM.