LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
ColinHowell (Offline)
JF Regular

05-02-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
BIN LADEN BURIED AT SEA AFTER BEING KILLED IN FIREFIGHT WITH U.S. FORCES ‹ Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion

on Japan Today.

Osama buried at sea. Thats rather convenient isn't it? How is anyone now able to identify the body.
Actually, I would call it highly inconvenient for us, for exactly the reason you mention. The link you gave explains it was because they wished to respect Islamic burial practices, and (understandably) they couldn't find a country willing to take the body.

This will give the conspiracists endless fodder for spinning fairy tales. Dammit.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
ColinHowell (Offline)
JF Regular

05-02-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
Spontaneous parties in front of the White House, in Times Square, and at Ground Zero. The most notable reaction happened during a New York Mets/Philadelphia Phillies baseball game when the spectators got the news on their Blackberries and started chanting. As a side note, that game went 14 innings and took five hours.
You have to remember that New York City and Washington, D.C. were especially traumatized by the attacks, because they were direct targets. New York City suffered more than anyone else: in one morning it lost some 3000 of its people, a large number of its emergency workers, and one of its most important landmarks. No one there could fail to miss the event as it was happening, and it ended with many thousands more running in terror from a choking avalanche of debris.

While the baseball game you mentioned was in Philadelphia rather than New York, there had to be a whole bunch of New Yorkers there.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
05-02-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Before this goes too much further, what parties and celebrations are you talking about?

For me the news is barely 15 hours old, and I guess I missed all the impromptu parades and fireworks you are seeing on the news over there.
Our local NBC affiliate was showing them in NYC and few other places along with a small group in Dallas on the 5am news. I am gladd the task was completed, but celebrating is depraved.

I have to wonder about the celebrants in Dallas. Most looked like they were in their 20's and for some reason they put up a sign thanking Bush - who accomplished nothing. It looked like guys who just got bored at the local bar and decided to party outside the Bush after they heard the news so they could get on camera.

Aside from some uneasiness about the rush to dispose of the body (I understand the sea burial, but that was too fast to trust), I keep having visions of the Hydra growing 3 heads for every 1 cut off.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Kozyra (Offline)
Son of the Desert

Send a message via MSN to Kozyra Send a message via Skype™ to Kozyra
05-02-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu View Post
i think america is lying.they just doing did because obama wants reelected for president.and osama is either died awhile ago,we faked the recent news, or he still alive. but even if he is he isnt hurting anybody.
I am totally agree with you 200 % .
that's what I'm think too .
a good point .
(#35 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-02-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozyra View Post
I am totally agree with you 200 % .
that's what I'm think too .
a good point .
If President Obama released this news to help him get re-elected, then he did it about 18 months too early. By the time the election comes around in the fall of 2012 this situation will mostly be forgotten.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

05-02-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
Actually the US news covered the wedding to a far, far greater degree than the UK press did - or at least from what I've seen. There was a lot of press about it on the actual day, but in the month leading up it was the US who had the most coverage . . . and you're right, it is being covered elsewhere (Bin Laden, that is) but just not to the insane degree in the US.

You could be right, and that it's because the event has far more significance to the US than to elsewhere, but at the same time the terrorist attacks affected everyone, and a lot of smaller countries had smaller attacks too. I know 9/11 was in America, but so many people died from other countries and from other nations in the towers, I have to question why it's more significant to America. Sorry, I just really don't get it :-/

Well considering it was in America that this happened, I cannot understand your surprise.

From that attack were spawned others and the war in IRAQ that followed.

If that man was the cause behind the attack on9/11. Where were you on that terrible day?

If there had not been that attack then we would not have been inIraq-- certainly not ostensibly to hunt Bin Laden down. I had never heard the mans name until after that event-- yet now we are stuck in the Middle east-- with too many lives taken or injured.

Bush wanted immediate revenge. Blair hung on to his coat tails-- forced us to join when many many of Us UK citizens were totally anti us invading Iraq.

My husband said that one of the reasons to bury Bin Laden in the sea was so there coud not be a memorial for him on a grave. I don't know but I am suspicious.

How many more Bin Ladens have we now to deal with?
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

05-02-2011, 09:54 PM

What it does show, no matter how long it takes, no matter who's president, no matter what country you hide in, the US will find you.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
05-02-2011, 09:58 PM

And the conspiracy theories begin iv seen some good ones today as good as a guy who walked on water and turned water into wine but hey seeing is believing right.

As much as i am happy this guy is dead the situation has not changed. I would be happier if we would were out of the middle east. If the middle east is going to change or wants to change it needs to do so without our involvement. How long has this gone on for. Let them kill themselves, let them turn their own land into a crater hell i dont care if they turn their countries into freakin glass.

Osama was more symbolic then anything and though this might wound the extremist factions of Islam it wont stop it and of course expect reprisals. I dont think we should take away from others peoples pride and joy if that's what they feel especially the residents of New York and Washington Dc which i live outside of. I didn't give a frack about that Royal Wedding yet i was subjected to it everywhere i went this is the same thing. Let the people have their day.

If anyone believes Obama did this for elections purposes well all i can say is it must be nice to live in a world of daisies and butterflies. Him doing this now would serve no purpose. History has shown that in situations like this calm head, rational never win out against fear, misinformation and a general hysteria of the unknown.

(#39 (permalink))
Old
Kozyra (Offline)
Son of the Desert

Send a message via MSN to Kozyra Send a message via Skype™ to Kozyra
05-02-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
If President Obama released this news to help him get re-elected, then he did it about 18 months too early. By the time the election comes around in the fall of 2012 this situation will mostly be forgotten.
I think that this incident can not be forgotten by any American people , it is a historic event for them, because Bin Laden was a senior leaders terrorists that caused the fear and horror of the american people throughout the era of big time , as americans think , so I think americans will not forget this incident until end of history.
There's something strange in the story, how after all these years of searching for Osama Bin Laden appears finally in a house near Islamabad , in the vicinity of a military barracks for soldiers Pakistanis?
- How was the process in this easy ?
In addition, there is a strange thing in throwing his body into the sea.
they threw his body in the sea as if they threw a garbage bag from a car !

Last edited by Kozyra : 05-02-2011 at 10:08 PM.
(#40 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

05-02-2011, 10:08 PM

The belief here Kozyra is that Pakistan knew he was there and was protecting him. That's why we didn't tell them we were comeing or that we had killed him untill after ward. I guess it's a matter of trust, the US doesn't trust anybody.