JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-10-2011, 10:30 AM

Bobby all you need to know about that subject is ensapsulated in the Charisma Man comic

(#32 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

05-10-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
Bobby all you need to know about that subject is ensapsulated in the Charisma Man comic

Charisma man^^ this is great Native

I felt already that something was wrong with my body when I landed in Singapur. Something went through my whole body like a lightning^^ It must have been the SuperPower I've received

If there is even more Power for me in beautiful Japan

I will make every lovely Japanese girl feel like she rides on cloud nine^^
(#33 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

05-10-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
Now I gotta say that this is an interesting topic you are talking about here James. Would you mind going a little more into details maybe?
ugly guys are ugly regardless of where they are in the world
decent looking western guys are a few notches higher on the Japan scale

I'm not ugly, in Canada I was ... above average, I'd say... so of course I didn't get the super hot ones

there's another factor too, what I call "hot/sexy" is not always what Japanese men and women think is "hot/sexy", so I could find myself super proud and glad with this one chick who all my buddies back at home would drool over, but then a Japanese guy might be like "eww.. no thanks"
it's certainly not just that, I've been with strippers and models here who are considered hot in either culture, my 7/10 in Canada became a 8 or 9 in some Japanese women's eyes, certainly not all though haha

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

05-10-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
ugly guys are ugly regardless of where they are in the world
decent looking western guys are a few notches higher on the Japan scale

I'm not ugly, in Canada I was ... above average, I'd say... so of course I didn't get the super hot ones

there's another factor too, what I call "hot/sexy" is not always what Japanese men and women think is "hot/sexy", so I could find myself super proud and glad with this one chick who all my buddies back at home would drool over, but then a Japanese guy might be like "eww.. no thanks"
it's certainly not just that, I've been with strippers and models here who are considered hot in either culture, my 7/10 in Canada became a 8 or 9 in some Japanese women's eyes, certainly not all though haha
Oh^^ I love that scale James I am certainly not below 7 thats for sure lol without sounding arrogant now. Maybe even an 8 or hell 10 in Japan then yyyppii

The thing which I love the most James is the character of the Asians. They are all like SuperModels inside. Thats why you can concentrate a little more on the looks I guess^^

But how do you do it James?? where do you use your SuperPowers?
(#35 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

05-10-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
the Asians. They are all like SuperModels inside.
Are you kidding?! I've never seen a nationality of people so self conscious and afflicted by inferiority complexes than Japan.

Koreans though, my god it's like every one of their young girls is a royal princess on her throne of righteousness, prude-land and conceitedness veiling insecurity none-the-less.

Quote:
But how do you do it James?? where do you use your SuperPowers?
I just chill out wherever, wait to hear the "Kakkoiiiiiii" or something and then approach whoever said it if she's my taste. I get it a lot more often than I'm comfortable admitting.

Quote:
Oh^^ I love that scale James I am certainly not below 7 thats for sure lol without sounding arrogant now. Maybe even an 8 or hell 10 in Japan then yyyppii
put a pic of yourself up here and I'll get a few chicks to rate you

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-10-2011, 01:08 PM

I think western women really hate handsome men because I'm not very popular.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

05-10-2011, 01:40 PM

I found it messed up and hilarious at the same time that there were copies of Charisma Man at a kiosk in Narita Airport.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
05-10-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
My first abnormal feeling was
- Why is everyone looking at me? (mostly glances, but quite often, well hidden)

And then the first strong feeling was
- HOLY SHIT DON'T TURN THERE! I'M GOING TO DIE!! (It took me a while to adjust to left-side driving, that first turn scared the shit out of me)
Lol same feelings man same feelings riding in the cab was a whole new (felt like life threatening) experience.

I got over the glances pretty quickly but it was easy to notice when someone was staring. I mean honestly im sure most Japanese have never seen a 6'2 black American not on tv before i couldn't really blame them and it didnt bother me too much anyway.

(#39 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

05-17-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Lol same feelings man same feelings riding in the cab was a whole new (felt like life threatening) experience.

I got over the glances pretty quickly but it was easy to notice when someone was staring. I mean honestly im sure most Japanese have never seen a 6'2 black American not on tv before i couldn't really blame them and it didnt bother me too much anyway.
Yeah I got used to the glances too, I've been in Kobe for a while now and there are more foreigners here, but during golden week I went to a suburb of Osaka city and got mega stared at, pointed at even by a few kids lol, it was like I'd just landed here all over again haha

(#40 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-17-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokusatsufan View Post
I think western women really hate handsome men because I'm not very popular.

I guess that they don't like men who are full of themselves and conceited. I take it-- youwere just kidding?