LinkBack Thread Tools
(#71 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-12-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorotsuki View Post
yes but thats provokeing and what was america doing neway they were not suppose to be doing anything.
What was America "supposed" to be doing then? Sit back and watch as it's interests in the Asia/Pacific region were being swallowed by the relentless Japanese Empire?
(#72 (permalink))
Old
Gorotsuki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Gorotsuki Send a message via MSN to Gorotsuki Send a message via Yahoo to Gorotsuki Send a message via Skype™ to Gorotsuki
01-15-2008, 10:22 PM

Yes because that is what they said they were going to do however that was not the case. It was of no concern to them when europe was dissapearing under hitler. So it was none of their concern when japan was taking over asia. America said they were going to stay out and only started saying that they atked them first however that was not the case and they provoked them into it all.

Remember they are the ones that wouldn't get into anything talking about how its not their place.
(#73 (permalink))
Old
AoshiShinomori (Offline)
I wuvs Rikku the most! <3

Send a message via MSN to AoshiShinomori
01-16-2008, 01:22 AM

I'm just reading this article now and I daresay I'm a tad late. But it is very interesting how so many things are blamed on foreign intrusion. Every country seems to find it easier to blame others than to point the blame at themselves. I hope it doesn't get serious either ^_^ *crosses fingers*. I was hoping to make it to Japan someday

Omae mo kanjite no ka... kaze no koe?
(#74 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-16-2008, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoshiShinomori View Post
I'm just reading this article now and I daresay I'm a tad late. But it is very interesting how so many things are blamed on foreign intrusion. Every country seems to find it easier to blame others than to point the blame at themselves. I hope it doesn't get serious either ^_^ *crosses fingers*. I was hoping to make it to Japan someday
I wish this thread would die, as it is giving people the wrong impression.

Japan is more open to foreigners now than ever before. I wouldn't lose a moment of sleep over it.
(#75 (permalink))
Old
AoshiShinomori (Offline)
I wuvs Rikku the most! <3

Send a message via MSN to AoshiShinomori
01-16-2008, 01:40 AM

Phew! That sure is a relief MMM-san! Nothing like good news at night

Omae mo kanjite no ka... kaze no koe?
(#76 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-16-2008, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorotsuki View Post
Yes because that is what they said they were going to do however that was not the case. It was of no concern to them when europe was dissapearing under hitler. So it was none of their concern when japan was taking over asia. America said they were going to stay out and only started saying that they atked them first however that was not the case and they provoked them into it all.

Remember they are the ones that wouldn't get into anything talking about how its not their place.
Huh? When did the US promise to sit back and let Japan take over Asia? Also... it actually did let Japan take over Asia. An embargo is not positive intervention.

Actually it WAS of concern to the US when Europe was disappearing under Hitler. The United States sent help in the form of supplies to Britain long before Pearl harbour.

And obviously it was a concern that Japan was taking over Asia also, as it intervened via the embargoes it placed on Japan at the time.

To put it simply the US wanted customers and trading partners. Japan was getting rid of all it's customers and potential customers in Asia while Germany was getting rid of all the customers and potential customers in Europe.

In fact it was that need for trading partners and customers that the US rebuilt Japan and Germany. Without the US, Japan and Germany after WW2 might have taken a lot longer to recover. Certainly they wouldn't likely be the successful nations they are today.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 01-16-2008 at 05:37 AM.
(#77 (permalink))
Old
dannavy85 (Offline)
JF Regular

01-17-2008, 07:37 PM

yeah, maybe they are afraid of losing their culture.
I would'nt want my country to lose its beautiful culture.
I'm from Mexico and I like its culture.

Great, than keep your damn people and stop sending them north!

USN Japan 1985 - 1997, best years of my life.
(#78 (permalink))
Old
jpdrag0n (Offline)
日本頑張れ!

01-18-2008, 08:38 AM

japan wont lose its culture anytime soon. its been around for thousands of years and i dont forsee that changing. personally im annoyed when foreigners in shibuya are obnoxious, loud, and annoying.

そんな関係ねぇ!

HERO OF JAPAN
(#79 (permalink))
Old
Siroi (Offline)
夜の夢

Location: In a heap in a corner of a friend's basement killed by a rusty metal spork.
Send a message via ICQ to Siroi Send a message via AIM to Siroi Send a message via MSN to Siroi Send a message via Yahoo to Siroi
02-01-2008, 10:29 PM

For some reason, this doesn't surprise me at all.

They're humans.......I think.

I don't want love because I don't want pain. I'll run for the rest of my life. Away from you.
(#80 (permalink))
Old
kireikoori (Offline)
Haplogroup N(Y-DNA)

02-03-2008, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Japan is more open to foreigners now than ever before. I wouldn't lose a moment of sleep over it.
lol, thanks to those black ships it's been getting more and more open with every year.

Funny how it seems like even now though people act as if Japan is taking a fascist turn right now. Fingerprinting, Japanese Only Signs, Black Vans, Kenkanryu, Gaijin Hanzai Ura File, Yasukuni, and now just recently the "learn Japanese to come to Japan" thing.

I guess that's just the way news it's today. There's more news covering everything nowadays.

Q: Who cares what other people think?!?!
A: Japanese people do.