LinkBack Thread Tools
(#91 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-23-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiuchimu View Post
Again, don't say Jpop is______ or Kpop is _____ unless you can back them up with statistical numbers.

Also ,be specific with opinions. To say Jpop in my opinion is bland doesn't get you off the hook. What it shows is your trolling or you don't know much about Jpop yet have the nerve to post anyway. Sure some Jpop will be boring or not to your taste - Not all Jpop is to my taste either. But Jpop is huge with many genre to pick from and all kinds are artist with unique sounds.
No,I will not go on about statistics. Every time there's an interesting topic on here it quickly gets boring. You can have an intelligent discussion without making it boring to read. I never said Kpop was better than Jpop. I said I like some from each. You appear to be trying to make me pick one.

I must say,an awful lot of people on here seem to be ''trolling''. The slightest thing ''Right,you're a troll!''

Last edited by tokusatsufan : 09-23-2011 at 11:36 PM.
(#92 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-24-2011, 01:52 AM

deleted.. double post
(#93 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

09-24-2011, 01:53 AM

Quote:
statistics prove that kpop is heads and shoulders more popular in Asia then jpop....
Oh Really?

(#94 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

09-24-2011, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokusatsufan View Post
No,I will not go on about statistics. Every time there's an interesting topic on here it quickly gets boring. You can have an intelligent discussion without making it boring to read. I never said Kpop was better than Jpop. I said I like some from each. You appear to be trying to make me pick one.

I must say,an awful lot of people on here seem to be ''trolling''. The slightest thing ''Right,you're a troll!''
What intelligent discussion are you trying to have?
(#95 (permalink))
Old
siokan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-24-2011, 06:03 AM

It questions everyone.
What kind of management state does the copyright of K-POP become in your country?

case: japan
1.jpg

The person entitled of the copyright is not a musician.

Please permit poor English. orz
Cryptanalysis is necessary for you.
set a goal:English at the same level as Johan Cruyff
(#96 (permalink))
Old
lizzey (Offline)
Banned

09-24-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javen View Post
lets get real here...jpop isn't really popular anywhere else but Japan...otaku freaks in western countries does not count as mainstream...

statistics prove that kpop is heads and shoulders more popular in Asia then jpop....

jpop seem only to be popular amongst japanese and westerners who feel they r japanese.....
Really? I couldn't help to laugh at this part.

So westerners who like Jpop feel like they are Japanese.? Hmm sure

I guess the same can be applied to Kpop by your logic. >>>> Westerners who like Kpop must think they are Koreans as well.

The whole Kpop vs Jpop is getting tiring. There are too many immature & (a lot Kpop & Jpop) elitist who feel what they listen is superior.

Kpop's popularity wise right now it’s bigger than Jpop.
Honestly, Kpop is the current trend now. Like all trends it will die out.

Further explanation: Yes, Kpop is more popular than Jpop.

Market/Profit wise: Jpop is much bigger. Jpop makes tons more than Kpop is doing all over Asia, which is why many Kpop groups are debuting in Japan.
Japan is where the money. >$$$

One reason Jpop isn't extending like Kpop right now (all over Asia) is that Japan has the 2nd largest market in the world. Why would they need to extend when they are making tons of money in their country? If they were to debut in smaller music market like Korea, they would lose money.

On the other hand, Kpop has to extend in order to make money. K-music market is small in comparison to J-market. It's wise for Kpop to extend.

It is all economic reasons for expansion.

Last edited by lizzey : 09-24-2011 at 06:47 AM.
(#97 (permalink))
Old
chiuchimu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-26-2011, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzey View Post
[color="Green"]
Kpop's popularity wise right now it’s bigger than Jpop.
Honestly, Kpop is the current trend now. Like all trends it will die out.
Further explanation: Yes, Kpop is more popular than Jpop.
I keep seeing people post Kpop > Jpop as if it's a fact yet never once have I seen statistical sales numbers to prove it.
Show me numbers:
Korean export media sales > japan media export sales
Then we have an argument.
(Things like YouTube stats don't count because Jpop is heavily censored on YouTube; besides, it's not third party sales stats)

Otherwise I can make claims too. In every department store that I visit in America, they have tons of Anime and the OST(original sound track) on sale. I know it's the same in department stores all around the world. I have never seen Kpop in a Department store. You have to go to an Asian place to buy on - I bit this is true in most western counties. Stores stock merchandise that sell and don't stock merchandise that doesn't sell. So, Jpop is clearly selling around the world in department while Kpop is not.

What does this mean, kpop is bigger than Jpop but people just don't want top buy it?! LOL! The flip side is people hate Jpop - they just like to buy the stuff!

Jpop industry is 8 times bigger than Kpop industry. Even if the Japan media export was less than 15% the size of its domestic market, it would be bigger than the entire domestic Kpop market. Just think about it, who has made all those Anime hits around the world? Think of all those fans buying anime. Don't you think they buy the songs too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzey View Post
[color="Green"]
Market/Profit wise: Jpop is much bigger. Jpop makes tons more than Kpop is doing all over Asia, which is why many Kpop groups are debuting in Japan.
Japan is where the money. >$$$
you actually think Japanese media sells only in Japan? LOL.
Korea sells more to SEA nations than they sell in korea? LOL.

(#98 (permalink))
Old
Javen (Offline)
JF Regular

09-26-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Oh Really?

OKay and??
you do realize that doesn't really prove anything...most of the revenue Japan makes from jpop is from within Japan itself...Jpops biggest customers is japanese people...fail

So in theory Jpop is popular amongst japanese and niche market in the West
Kpop is popular amongst the general asian population

Last edited by Javen : 09-26-2011 at 02:06 PM.
(#99 (permalink))
Old
chiuchimu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-27-2011, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javen View Post
OKay and??
you do realize that doesn't really prove anything...most of the revenue Japan makes from jpop is from within Japan itself...Jpops biggest customers is japanese people...fail

So in theory Jpop is popular amongst japanese and niche market in the West
Kpop is popular amongst the general asian population
No it's your turn to prove that Japanese export market is smaller than Kpop export market. Prove that all the sales are in Japan and Japan sells nothing outside while Kpop sales are booming world over even more than what they sell at home. God, type out in words, it sounds so amazing stupid this Kpop > Jpop thing.

Come on! Bring some sales number as proof! You can't can you?!

YOU CAN"T BECAUSE IT'S A LIE!!!!

if such numbers existed, every Korean forum and website would post that info. Every tenth youtube vid would be "Numbers proving Kpop sell more than Jpop". lol.

I say all the obvious points to Jpop and J-media is much bigger around the world than K-media. It's not even close to comparing. As I said, I see Jpop in every American Department store - I see Zero Kpop there.

Kpop has a following in poor SEA countries but they are too poor to buy the stuff anyway!!! And that is why you have NO numbers to support your claims! SEA means nothing in world exports!!!

Last edited by chiuchimu : 09-27-2011 at 03:50 AM.
(#100 (permalink))
Old
Javen (Offline)
JF Regular

09-27-2011, 09:12 AM

edit..double post

Last edited by Javen : 09-27-2011 at 09:16 AM. Reason: double post