JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
hinata2 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to hinata2 Send a message via Yahoo to hinata2
11-10-2010, 07:27 PM

Yes since I do not talk to ereally pretty girls and they do not yak to me either
(#22 (permalink))
Old
missprincess (Offline)
Bonnie lass from England

11-11-2010, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
I think it's retarded how you've got this paradigm of thought which seperates womenfolk into "pretty" and "other" and how you seem to think that this is the only factor which men use to decide whether they have a suitable partner.
its not just me who thinks that way, im sure u dont like every woman u meet? so what about the ones ur not attracted to, what would u call them? (i guess i shud have put it better as - women who the majority of people would find attractive and women who the majority of people wodnt find that attractive PHYSICALLY) i wasnt being politically correct enough. secondly the reason i was asking if are people intimidated by those kind of 'pretty' girls (based soley on looks) is coz the first thing u see about a person litrally is how they look whether u wanna judge on that or not and then afterwards u would get to know them, but everyone makes some judgements on appearence when they first meet a person even if its just does this person look approachable or not not necessarily pretty

'' you don't have to be a magazine covergirl to be considered pretty by men''

ino that thats why i sed (no beauty is in the eye of the beholder stuff here when i first started this thread) coz i know everyone has their own views on whats 'pretty' i was going on majorities.

Last edited by missprincess : 11-11-2010 at 04:29 AM.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
4drfocus (Offline)
New to JF

11-11-2010, 05:28 AM

I'll talk to any girl, it doesn't matter how pretty they are physically, I think the whole "she's out of my league" thing is just a lack of self confidence, not for me though, a woman is a woman, their just packaged differently.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
11-11-2010, 10:44 AM

Confidence and courage are key. Cheesy, but there's a saying that goes, "If you can make a woman laugh, you can make her do anything." I don't doubt its happy-go-lucky exaggeration, but to some extent, that is true.

Someone said something about not approaching beautiful women because there's a high chance they could already be taken, or that she must have extremely high expectations. Men might be pressured by that and lose their self-confidence, resulting in a meek show of clumsiness.

For me, if I chance upon a beauty to my eyes, of course I'd also feel the pressure. It's natural. But channeling it, to focus on winning her over with charm, helps; also using the pressure of not wanting to embarrass yourself to prevent embarrassing yourself - "how," you ask - if you want her so much, be truthful to yourself and natural about it. Maybe you'll stammer over some words or make the dumbest grammatical errors in speech, but just do it and smooth sailing should ensue.

One more thing. Having a lot of female friends definitely leverages your experience dealing with female kind, and even possibly makes you feel at home around them, too.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 11-11-2010 at 10:48 AM.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
missprincess (Offline)
Bonnie lass from England

11-11-2010, 06:43 PM

i find that when im around a guy i find hurtfully good looking i start to go the complete opposite and become loud and funny, but its only to cover up my nervousness! and i also assume that they have a girlfriend and or very high standards so puts me off quite a bit in talking to them directly.

but your all right confidence is the key!
(#26 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
11-14-2010, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4drfocus View Post
I'll talk to any girl, it doesn't matter how pretty they are physically, I think the whole "she's out of my league" thing is just a lack of self confidence, not for me though, a woman is a woman, their just packaged differently.
LOL!!!! I'm not really sure how to break this to you, but there are MANY different kinds of women. You can't just say 'women are women but with different packaging' cause that's really not how it goes. Women are VERY different..

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#27 (permalink))
Old
missprincess (Offline)
Bonnie lass from England

11-18-2010, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanteNa View Post
LOL!!!! I'm not really sure how to break this to you, but there are MANY different kinds of women. You can't just say 'women are women but with different packaging' cause that's really not how it goes. Women are VERY different..
VERY VERY TRUE
(#28 (permalink))
Old
protheus (Offline)
Arthur et Les Minimoys

Send a message via Yahoo to protheus
11-18-2010, 08:05 AM

You didn't really get the meaning of "woman is a woman"... It doesn't refer that there isn't diversity in style, thinking and anything else.
It was about that women have the natural need for love from someone, at least at one moment in they're life, just like the other half, it's part of the human nature. That means that boy "Y" has a slight chance to be the lucky guy to meet girl "X" (regardless of social imposed standards) and to make her smile for the rest of her life.

Reverse psychology, "dear Watson", reverse psychology.
"Manganese? Is that manga language?" - lol?

Last edited by protheus : 11-18-2010 at 08:13 AM.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
missprincess (Offline)
Bonnie lass from England

jessica alba - 11-27-2010, 12:47 AM

ok dont know how relevant ppl will find this, but i think it proved a point, today was reading jessica alba's interview and she was asked do men ask you out alot and she said 'no i never get asked out, ive always had a problem with that' now if a woman whose considered to be one of the worlds most beautiful has a problem, must be some truth to the theory??
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

11-27-2010, 04:31 PM

From my personal experience, I've never had a problem talking to the really beautiful women, and asking them out. It's just most of the time, stunning beautiful women usually don't attract me as a humble, pretty girl does.

Another reason I don't attract beautiful women, is so far, my experience with them is that the majority of them (based on my experience) seem to expect too much from you. They know they are beautiful, and many use that to their advantage. I just don't have the time, nor the patience for it.

Confidence is a big part of it, yet I've never really had a problem with confidence when it comes to that aspect. Mainly because I go at my own pace, and don't over-extend myself. If it don't work, then it doesn't bother me and I move on.

Sometimes, it could be some people just trying too hard.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -