(#221 (permalink))
Old
Skuu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Skuu
07-27-2009, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
Well, there was actual video documentaries with several scientists in the video I linked you to previously. Was that not good enough?
Please read my posts carefully, I just wanted confirmation of this. You made the claim about tectonics after posting the video.

Quote:
The reason I'm not providing you with numerous websites and whatnot is because what I'm saying is all over the internet, tv (as I've shown you), books, magazine articles. It just takes you to go look for them.
Isn't this as useful as me saying to you 'my claim is also allover the internet, just go find it'? I wouldn't say that though, even though I've found what I've been saying on a few different web pages, because the number of claims is irrelevant to the accuracy of them. For example, this is a weird example but it's relevant, if you search for 'pig orgasm 30 minutes' you'll find pages and pages of websites touting such a claim, with zero sources.

Also, just as I have just done with my claim, it is your responsibility to back up your own claim, not mine. Someone (might have been you, I can't remember) recently shot me down for simply denying someone else's claims (I said stuff like, no, no that's not true, etc). This was right because I didn't back them up, and I couldn't have just said 'this is on the internet'.

If you disagree with what I'm saying, then leave it at that.

I'll watch that documentary and find the academic talking about the tectonics.
(#222 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-27-2009, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuu View Post
I dunno the ages of people on this forum exactly, but as I said there's been a few posted worried about this topic, so it's important to be responsible with what you're claiming.
I have a feeling these kind of people are going to be frightened regardless of what we say. Ghosts in the shadows. Monsters under the bed.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#223 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-27-2009, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuu View Post
I'm really sorry. I was polite to you in my response, I'd appreciate the same. Doesn't really matter about the content of a post as long as it's friendly. We can work out our disagreements based on facts, not based on belittlement. I've read your posts and you're a very intelligent, well mannered guy.
WOW, you must be new to this whole internet thing, hey?

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#224 (permalink))
Old
Skuu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-27-2009, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
I have a feeling these kind of people are going to be frightened regardless of what we say. Ghosts in the shadows. Monsters under the bed.
Granted. However, I still wouldn't allow myself to consciously frighten them.
(#225 (permalink))
Old
Skuu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-27-2009, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
WOW, you must be new to this whole internet thing, hey?
Lol. I know what you mean but, I like to think I can make a difference, at least in my own actions. I hate to be cynical on or offline.
(#226 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-27-2009, 06:56 AM

Here's a good article:

Pole shift hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Geomagnetic reversal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(#227 (permalink))
Old
Skuu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-27-2009, 07:00 AM

OK it was just a short clip.

There was one guy talking about it whose name wasn't given in that point of the documentary (was only like 2/3 mins).

I haven't been able to dig up any information that I totally understand or is a short sharp rebuttal by relevant academics. However I haven't found relevant academics in favour either.

If I had the patience I could trawl the internet and learn all the science involved, but I don't, so I'll just be a bit lazy and rely on more general assumptions. If someone was bringing indepth scientific points which they could backup with relevant academics and sources then I'd be more pushed to reply, but no one has.

Generally people have dropped the claim that the Mayan date alone is significant, and rely on some coinciding phenomena as being significant. However, neither of the two that I can remember (solar flares, shifting magnetic poles) have given off any suggestion of being considered a threat by any relevant academics (I know I use that phrase a lot, can't think of a better one).

I don't mean to nonchalantly brush off detailed arguments made by posters, but I'd appreciate more sources before I can consider any theories to do with world destruction seriously.
(#228 (permalink))
Old
Pexster (Offline)
j'adore le baise tu

07-28-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
I can't believe you posted something useless to this post... oh wait that is normal.
Since when did you become a bitch?

A Dream Of Form In Days Of Thought

www.mydramalist.com

Eiri is my Property, Bitches.
(#229 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
07-28-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pexster View Post
Since when did you become a bitch?
You just prove my point more and more. Thank you!

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#230 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-29-2009, 01:37 AM

The meaning of any word is probably subject to the area it wich it's used and how those folks use it.