JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Demitrichan (Offline)
True Collector

Send a message via MSN to Demitrichan Send a message via Yahoo to Demitrichan
02-20-2011, 02:21 PM

Reading and replying in anger only sets one up to look ignorant. Look the point is: Stuff happens that you can't control that doesn't mean its okay that doesn't mean its accepted but that doesn't mean there aren't reasons behind injustice that you don't see. Before you think that something is accepted look at the big picture.

*LUCKY STAR!*

(#22 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post asians - 02-20-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Many asians have been racist towards me, and all of the crimes against me have been committed by asians. It's a fact, a statistic.
Looks out like it was somewhere in Middle East country, not on british soil......are there really plenty of asians in the UK?
(#23 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-20-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by termogard View Post
Looks out like it was somewhere in Middle East country, not on british soil......are there really plenty of asians in the UK?
The UK is very multi-cultural, especially in the cities and larger towns. The majority of immigrants here seem to be Indian/Pakistani, and in the larger areas it seems to be that you have an area or part of the town where they will live, so you basically have a commuinity within a commuinity. In my town its a huge section, right in the town centre, but we rarely ever get any hassle . . . the hassle we do get seems to be from caucasian people activiely going into that area looking for trouble, not from the asian commuinity itself.

In response to the original post . . . I don't think any form of racism is tolerated, but because caucasian people outnumber any other race/culture in most western countries racism towards them is at a mininum. It seems to me racism in any culture is aimed at the minority and rarely at the majority. That isn't to say it doesn't exist, I've experienced it myself first-hand, although nowhere near as bad as other examples given within the thread, but I just don't think it's anywhere near as bad a problem as what the minority get, which is why its so rarely talked about. I mean I doubt an asian person gets much hassle in an asian country, or a meditaranian person much hassle in the meditaranian . . . same principle really, it seems that the minority generally get more racism than the majority else does.

Last edited by RobinMask : 02-20-2011 at 02:33 PM.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-20-2011, 02:32 PM

British Asian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Demitrichan (Offline)
True Collector

02-20-2011, 02:33 PM

Balance, There will always be both good and evil peace and chaos. One can not exist with out the othe other there is a cause for it, yet because you do not see the cause you classify it as something that is only evil.

*LUCKY STAR!*

(#26 (permalink))
Old
Demitrichan (Offline)
True Collector

02-20-2011, 02:39 PM

Yet if you take everything seriously things will never be good. You have to balance make jokes and work to change it. If you don't work to change something debating this was not but a waste of time.

*LUCKY STAR!*

(#27 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-20-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
If they are worried about cultural differences putting a wedge in their family then it's rightly so. Racism is discrimination, as in a prejudice. Like to assume that something bad may happen without knowing the individual first.
Assuming that a foreigner will have a different culture is hardly prejudice. Accurate at the least
If marrying someone from a different culture puts a wedge in a family, then that family is prejudiced. If they cannot accept someone from the same culture joining their family, then that family is prejudiced.

It seems like we give Japanese a pass on racism when if we switched "Japanese" and "white" to "white" and "black" we could call them racists without blinking an eye.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

02-21-2011, 12:45 AM

MissMisa, your experiance is exactly the point I have been trying to make about cultural assimulation. Your asian experiance in your own homeland is because the asians that you have encounted predominantly have not assimulated to being BRITISH first and anything else second. If they had, they would see you as another British person. They don't see you as anything but an enemy right at the moment.

The Uni's with thier multicultural bent, actually foster this division by refuseing to enforce a universal code of conduct that would ssimulate everyone who lives in Britain to consider themselves British first and formost above all else.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post invaders - 02-21-2011, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
They don't see you as anything but an enemy right at the moment.
They quickly begin to act like arrogant hosts, not polite guests. That's a serious problem. One of negative consequences of such behaviour is an increasing level of nationalism. Locals start to participate in various ethnic conflicts.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

02-21-2011, 06:21 AM

Yes, but it's not "British" nationalism, it's from what ever country of origin they came from. In this case Chinese or Vietnamese or wich ever asian country this group immigrated from. The conflicts are because the "Chinese" and the "Kenyans" and the "Morrocans" are all conflicting with the "British" or even perhaps the sub english groups such as the "Welsh" and "Scotts."

You can't have unity that way.